Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Orange Obsession


A huge spring trend seen on the runways of DKNY, Dsquared2, and Prabal Gurung is bright orange lips. I'll be honest when I saw this trend I was very intimidated.  I feel very comfortable in my nude and pink comfort zone, so I went on the hunt to find the best wearable products.  Orange has officially been apart of my daily beauty routine and I love it. 

  To work your way into more bold orange tones start with pinky and coral-y tones.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Coralberry ($6.99)
  This lipstick has a coral undertone but still an obvious orange hue.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous ($8.99)
  Those who are ready to take this orange trend seriously should try this balm stain.  It is a true orange with a neutral base so it will work with all skin tones.

Urban Decay Ultra Nourishing Gloss in Streak ($20)
  This gloss is the newest addition to my orange arsenal.  Its perfect for orange newbies.  Its a sheer coverage but it can be added on top of any of the previous products for a shinier and vibrant pout.

NXY Rouge Cream Blush in Tickled ($6.99)
  I added a blush for those want a more subtle take on the trend.  NYX cream blushes are amazing! They are super creamy and very easy to blend.  I love cream blush in the spring for the dewy look. This tickled blush is orange with a  coral undertone.  Tip: Use a short stipple brush to perfectly blend the product.

Don't forget to 'like' Zeal's Facebook page for updates on your news feed!

6 comments:

  1. I've been dying to try an orange/coral lip color this spring/summer!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great yet intimidating trend. I hope these picks help you find the perfect one for you!
      xox Logan

      Delete
  2. Lovely picks, I'm after some new orange shades so i'll keep these ones in mind

    Riannabowles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the attitude orange lips adds to any outfit and look.
      xox Logan

      Delete
  3. ahh, i totally wanna try the urban decay one! i'm loving this trend :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with the Urban Decay, the rest of their collection is great too you should definitely go pick up a couple shades.
      xox Logan

      Delete