Thursday, March 20, 2014

Skincare Refresh


I love makeup for the purpose of enhancing not hiding.  
Because of this I think skincare is the most important part of any beauty routine. 

I've never had any skin issues (thank you Nana) but I have dealt with dehydrated skin.  After years of reading magazines and looking up skin care for dry skin. Unfortunately that made me believe I needed to exfoliate on the regular.  This caused red uneven skin tone and often little bumps around my nose and forehead.  I decided to make my skin care simpler.  The past six months I've started to exfoliate once a week and only use a cleanser at night.  This has revolutionized my skin.  No more bumps and my skin tone has become more even dramatically.  Here are my new favorite skin care items. 

  Juice Beauty is a certified organic brand.  I use the cleansing milk every night, it is light and gentle but still leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh.  The fruit extracts keep my skin looking radiant.    Tip: If you have an oily complexion you should also try washing only once a day.  Over washing dries out your skin which causes you to produce oil in more often and in heavier volumes.  In the morning just splash warm water all over. 

  I am obsessed with the Exfoliating Cleanser!  I use this once a week to slough away the dead skin cells from through the week.  The exfoliating beads aren't rough and abrasive but makes my skin SUPER smooth. 

  Because I don't have problematic skin I didn't feel the need to shell out hundreds for the Clarisonic.  This Olay version still lets me get the deep clean my skin needs.  I highly recommend it for those who are on a budget, but if you do have problematic skin I think a Clarisonic would be a great investment tool for your skin care routine. 

Have you found your skin care greats?
I'll have to share my favorite toners, serums, and masks in a future post.  

7 comments:

  1. Love the look of the Olay Cleansing system, I didn't know that they were doing on. I never wanted to invest into a Clarasonic and this one sounds really good!! Thanks for recommending!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I have been using it for over a year and have no complaints.
      xox Logan

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for some more natural skin products, I suffer from dry skin too. I will have to give these a try!

    Abby
    www.champagneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The milk cleanser is super nourishing! Finally a cleanser that doesn't leave my skin super tight.
      xox Logan

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this post, I've been looking for something like clarisonic but cheaper, I think this will be great!
    http://www.whatsashawears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirty bucks is definitely more doable than two hundred! I think you'd really enjoy it :)
      xox Logan

      Delete
  4. Just stumbled on your blog, really enjoyed reading this post as I've been thinking about whether or not to purchase the Olay clarisonic dupe but I think I may go ahead and do so now!

    Definitely will be reading your blog more often, love the layout!

    ReplyDelete