Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Inside My Beauty Boxes: Ipsy


July 2013's Ipsy bag was all about "Beach Beauty."
This month's glam bag was a cylinder neon pink waterproof bag, perfect to throw in your beach bag!

Full Size 
BH Cosmetics California Collection - $25.90 for each palette 
(Hollywood, San Francisco, Malibu) 20 shades in each palette

Sample Size
$3.90 for 3 shadows

The California Collection is 3 individual palettes focused on getting a look designed for 3 major spots in California: Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu.  This palette had one shade from each of these palettes.  I like the colors but the pigmentation was not that great and they were quite dry and chalky. Definitely not worth $25.90!

Rating: 2 stars

Full Size

Sample Size
$4.16 for 1

Ipsy gave away 3 of the 6 shades to their subscribers.  I received Coral Crush (middle pictured) and I LOVE it! These crayons have great pigmentation and are super moisturizing! I was amazed at how hydrating they were.  These are a must. 

Rating: 5 stars

Full Size
COOLA Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 - $36 for 1.7 oz/ 50 ml

Sample Size
$5.04 for 0.23 fl oz/ 7 ml

I have received many COOLA products from Birchbox and I also like them.  They are very light and don't have that awful sunscreen scent.  I also love how they don't cake up your make up or give a white cast.  If this was less expensive I would probably have this in my daily routine. 

Rating: 5 stars

Full Size

One thing I love about Ipsy is that they give FULL SIZE nail polished instead of sample sizes like Birchbox.  But one thing Birchbox has better is color choice and quality.
*Note: Essie's "Meet Me at Sunset" is an almost perfect (and affordable) dupe*

Rating: 3 stars


Full Size

Sample Size
$6.32 for 1.4 oz

I really enjoyed this hair spray.  It helped reduce my frizz and keep my style in place with the crunch.  The only downside was the smell, I had to spray perfume on after to get it to go away.
No bueno. 

Rating: 3 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retail Price: $118.85 (full size) $32.42 (sample size)
Bag Cost: $10
Full Size Products: 1 product

The winner of July 2013 Inside My Beauty Boxes is


Check out my Birchbox post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment