Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Inside My Beauty Boxes: BIRCHBOX


August 2013's Birchbox theme was Finishing School.
You'll see Ipsy took a similar route in my next post.

Full Size
ARCONA Cranberry Gommage - $44 for 3.4 oz

Sample Size
$8.80 for 0.68 oz

One word...DELICIOUS. Yes, this is a face scrub but oh man does it smell good.  Imagine rubbing pixi sticks all over your face and that will give you a good visual and scent.  This scrub works wonders, no wonder it won an Allure Beauty Award.

Rating: 5 stars

Full Size

Sample Size
$1.50 for 0.46 oz

The sample allowed me 2 treatments.  Although I didn't love the smell, think dog food mixed with old lady salon, I did love the product.  It made my hair very smooth and shiny and my split ends were a tad less noticeable.

Rating: 3 stars

Full Size

Sample Size
$1.50 for 0.46 oz

Like the other treatment I didn't love the smell but it did make my hair ends less brittle.  Since I only had 2 uses out of it I can't tell if it really helps hair growth like it says. 

Rating: 3 stars

Full Size

Sample Size
$8 for 1

I received the orange in the middle of the picture called, Disco Fever.  I have been quite into oranges lately so I was super excited to try this out.  It was incredibly creamy, but not very long lasting.  Mine was received partially broken which was sad but Birchbox has since sent me a new box as an apology (A+ for customer service). 

Rating: 4 stars

Full Size

Sample Size
$4.80 for 1 

These seem like a good idea but I didn't find them as effective as self tanning lotion.  It is easy to get streaky and splotchy which is definitely a no no. 

Rating: 1 star


I was supposed to receive a Coastal Scents trio palette but it was not included.  Like previously stated about the Model Co lipstick, Birchbox has sent me a new box. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Retail: $144 (full size) $24.60 (sample size)
Box Cost: $10
Full Size Products: none

Come back on Saturday to see what was in my Ipsy box and who won for this month!

What did you get in your beauty boxes this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment