Friday, February 8, 2013

Fall/Winter '13 NY Fashion Week: Day Two - Rebecca Minkoff

             

             

             


It is day two of Fashion Week and even the incoming Hurricane Nemo can't stop the fashion!  Today's choice of feature designer was a close defeat by Rebecca Minkoff to Nicole Miller.  Miller's show was absolutely beautiful, but Minkoff's design stole my heart with its versatility and wearability.  I will be after scrolling throw all the show's looks sometimes I can be a little put off, many of the designs, though beautiful, don't embody every day wear.  Sure crazy prints, structure, and texture can be inspiring but in all honesty when are you going to wear these looks out for the day.

Rebecca Minkoff consistently brings beautiful pieces in her collections.  I absolutely love the color palette specifically in this collection.  The darker shades mix well with the earthy tones of tan and green, and the pop of rich blue, red, and mustard really stand out.  Leather and fur are also still in full fledge for this season's looks, spotted in almost every show so far.  I can't wait to see tomorrows looks from Jill Stuart and Hervé Léger by Max Azria.

And tune in and watch the shows live on http://newyork.mbfashionweek.com/live


P.S. Sorry for so many pictures, there were too many great looks! I just had to show all my faves.

No comments:

Post a Comment